ACDSee VS 4.0 Release Notes
ACDSee VS 4.0.872 is only available in 64-bit.
- Animations and Behaviors that add motion effects to media.
- Ability to remove a color of your choosing from media.
- Import and/or apply Color LUTs.
- Clip speed adjustment.
- Ability to blur sensitive information with Mosaic tool.
- Ability to add Overlay effects.
- Ability to freeze a frame.
- Ability to snapshot a frame.
- Ability to produce GIFs.
- 3 axis rotation of media.
- Non-destructive Crop tool.
- Ability to upload directly to Vimeo.
- Added more filters to change the appearance of images and videos.
- Added display of media position and dimensions.
- New GUI design.
- Added a color picking menu.
- Added more keyboard shortcuts.
- Larger text options in Captions.
- Added more transitions.
- Added ability to automatically fit project dimensions to the first video.
- Added HEIC image format support.
Supported file formats
- VS 4.0 file format read support list:
- Video formats: AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, MOV, TS, MTS, M2TS, ASF, M4V, MPG, MPEG
- Audio formats: WMA, MP3, AAC, WAV, AC3, OGG, M4A
- Image formats: JPG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG, HEIC
- VS 4.0 file format produce/encode list:
- MP4, MOV, MP3, M4V, WebM, GIF
- AIFF, FLAC, Microsoft GSM, and MKV formats not supported.
- GeForce 840M and certain other processor chips do not have a hardware encoder, and will not support hardware acceleration.
- AVI encoding is not supported.
- Caption font type, alignment, background color, text color, and opacity will not be remembered when loading a VS 2.0 project file in VS 4.0.
- 1000 file maximum for drag and drop into Media Bin and Timeline.
- Output bitrate may not be exact when Intel QSV hardware acceleration is selected.
- Video playback in Display Area may lag or become out of sync with audio if multiple video tracks are stacked vertically.
- Seeking of certain MTS videos will show an incorrect frame.
- YouTube does not allow video with MP3 codecs to be uploaded.
For information about ACDSee VS and to access additional resources, please visit the
Product Support and Resource page online. Additional information and resources include:
- Software updates
- Supported file formats
- Community site, including peer-to-peer product forums
- Customer Care and Technical Support