ACDSee Ultimate 9.2 Release Notes
ACDSee Ultimate 9 is only available in 64-bit.
Added RAW Support for the following Camera Models
- Canon PowerShot G5 X
- Canon PowerShot G9 X
- Sony A7S II (ILCE-7SM2)
- Sony RX1R II (DSC-RX1RM2)
- Fujifilm X-A2
ACD Systems is committed to releasing regular updates to support RAW files from new camera models as they become available. View the complete list of supported RAW formats.
- Fixed an issue when searching IPTC keywords can be slow.
- ACDSee is now touchscreen friendly for tablets and 2-in-1 laptops.
- Fixed an issue with the Fuji X-E2 RAW file cannot be developed after a firmware update.
- Fixed and issue with the Sony ILCE-7M2 RAW file will not be rendered correctly after a firmware update.
- Content of iPhone and other WIA devices does not display correctly when browsed directly with ACDSee.
- In some cases, on Windows 7 and 8, when a camera is connected to a computer via a USB cable, the Import tool may fail to display media files and will not copy them. In these cases we recommend copying items from these devices to your computer with Windows Explorer or import the media through a card reader.
- ACDSee uses the base layer's color profile for any additional layers.
- When ACDSee moves a layer and commits, everything outside of the editing area will be cropped.
- ACDC format is not supported in Develop Mode.
- ACDSee Layered Editor, when in the Move Tool, you cannot add masks.
- Text/Watermark shows incorrect preview in a certain scenario.
- Color images turn into black and white when added as layers on a grayscale image.
- Alien Skin plugins not working on 32-bit machines. Only support 64-bit.
- ACDSee does not preserve layers when editing PSD and TIFF files
For information about ACDSee Ultimate 9 and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resource page online. Additional information and resources include:
- Software updates
- Supported file formats
- Supported camera RAW formats
- Community site, including peer-to-peer product forums
- ACDSee Knowledge Base Articles
- Customer Care and Technical Support